The Santa Cruz Tallboy is an XC bike on steroids that wants to go faster, turn harder and take on rough terrain a traditional XC bike wouldn't dare get involved with. The Tallboy has been fine tuned to get the most out of every descent with 120mm of lower link driven VPP suspension matched to a 130mm fork. The confidence this little bit of extra travel gives riders is taken one step further with modern, slack, long and low geometry that is commonly found on trail bikes with much more travel than the Tallboy.
So what does all this mean when you're on the bike? For places like Gap Creek, Cornubia, Daisy Hill it allows riders to push harder on the descents as the bike comfortably holds it's nerve at speed. Sure it won't be as smooth as your mate on his big 160mm Enduro bike but pick your lines wisely and the Tallboy can reach rapid paces, exceeding that of bigger travel bikes in the right situation. You're also guaranteed to be a whole lot more comfortable when you point the bike up hill and put the power down on the climbs.
- Fork FOX 34 Float Performance, 130mm, 29"
- Shock FOX Float Performance DPS
- Rear Derailleur SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Shifters SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Crankset SRAM GX Eagle 148 DUB, 32t
- Cassette SRAM XG1275 Eagle, 12spd, 10-52t
- Chain SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd
- Bottom Bracket SRAM DUB 68/73mm
- Brakes SRAM G2 R
- Brake Rotors Avid Centerline 180mm
- Headset Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated
- Bars Burgtec Alloy
- Stem Burgtec Enduro MK3
- Grips Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Hub DT Swiss 370, 15x110, 32h
- Rear Hub DT Swiss 370, 12x148, XD, 32h
- Rims RaceFace AR Offset 27 29"
- Spokes Sapim Race
- Front Tyre Maxxis Minion DHF, 29"x2.3", 3C EXO TR
- Rear Tyre Maxxis Minion DHR II 29"x2.3" EXO TR
- Seat Post RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Saddle WTB Silverado Pro